Parish Council Meeting 18 July 2017 minutes

                                                                                                       CHARSFIELD PARISH COUNCIL                                                                          

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on Tuesday, 18th July 2017

 

Present:          Councillors Winkworth (Chair), Owen Williams, Moor, Hedger, Murray and Pedgrift and Pam Hembra (Parish Clerk)

           

 

 

     
     
    Action
1. Apologies and Approval of Absence  
  Mark Amoss and Robin Vickery  

 

2. Declarations of Interest  
  Councillor Pedgrift – Recreation Ground

Councillor Moor – Village Hall

 

 
3. Approval of Minutes of the Meeting held on 30th May 2017  
  Minutes were approved and signed by Councillor Winkworth.

 

 
4. Progress Reports for Information or Matters Arising  
   

Clerk to contact Councillor Amoss to find out if he can help with funding for the glazing of the Telephone Box.   Clerk to check K6 replacement glass on the internet or to ask Kent Blaxill to quote for this glass.  Paint to be purchased.  The kiosk needs to be added to the insurance policy.

 

The defibrillator was recently taken to Monewden because there was an emergency and the ambulance service suggested obtaining the nearest defibrillator although the ambulance service arrived before this was needed.  This then went back to the ambulance headquarters to be checked over and took some time to get back to us.

 

Highways have been written to re countdown markers, still awaiting reply.   Chair to contact again.

 

The primary school no longer need any defibrillator training as several of their staff have recently undergone first aid training which includes the use of the defibrillator.

 

St Peter’s Meadow – Philip Ridley, Head of Planning and Coastal Management, SCDC, had replied in response to our letter asking information about St Peter’s Meadow to say there were no current applications for this site.

 

 

 

 

Clerk

5. Points from the public – A chance for the public to raise matters of interest relevant to Charsfield.

 

The hedge along The Street is considerably higher than it used to be along with many of the trees (one of which is dying).  The face of the hedge was cut earlier in the year but not the height.  This is now impeding residents’ views as well as the depth of the hedge is causing narrowing of the road and causing the traffic on that side to drive towards the middle of the road.  The Parish Council is trying to find out the whereabouts of the owner of the hedge and will write and ask him to have it cut.   We would also encourage local residents to go on to the SCC website and report this as it has more effect than the Parish Council writing.

 

Local policing change about 18 months ago and since then they have not been seen in villages very much.  They have been contacted on numerous occasions to ask them to come to the village to help with speeding which has not decreased.  The Chair will to write to Scott Cullum, re PCSOs, speedwatch etc.

 

It was suggested the Parish Council purchase two Speed Camera Signs to be put on the white gates at either end of the village to see if this can help.

 

There was also the suggestion of producing two banners to be placed on private land at the entrances to the village on the B1078 designed to increase speed awareness for drivers passing through giving a monthly update of cars recorded speeding.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Clerk

 

 

 

 

 

 

Chair

 

 

 

6. Reports

 

 
6.1 County Council

No report

 

 

 

6.2 District Council

Report to be circulated

 

 

 

6.3 Recreation Ground

The Recreation Ground sent Mark Amoss details for the RoSPA Inspection but no response has been received to date.

 

The Recreation Ground are making enquiries about raising a Bye Law to prevent dogs from using the area as they are finding it difficult to stop dog fouling.

 

 
6.4

 

Village Hall

The main hall is to be decorated shortly.  A booking is coming up later in the year sponsored by UEA for a film project for teenagers to make their own films.  They will we using the Village Hall for approximately one week.

 

The Village Hall will be exempt from allHCouncil Tax again this year.

 

 
7. HIGHWAYS

 

 
  SAVID, SpeedWatch and B1078 Calming Update  
 

 

David Chenery was asked about the SIDs he had for loan.  A second hand one had gone to Pauline Proctor the Highways SAVID representative and once suitable sites have been identified in the village we will be able to borrow this.  This will need to be insured.

 

CSW has continued successfully with the details of over 170 vehicles being passed to the Police SNT in the last three months.  The next CSW deployment in the village will take place between 7-13th August.  If there are any villagers who would like to support CSW and join the happy team that makes up our patrols, they can contact Martin Lyne directly and he will organise training and add them to the rota.

 

The Police Safety Camera Team (SCT) are now back in the village on a twice monthly basis.  This is an enforcement speed camera mounted at the roadside.  Vehicles caught speeding through this means receive formal sanction from the Police, ranging from a requirement to attend a Police Speed Awareness Course (for those who are caught speeding only this once in the last three years), to fixed penalty points and fine, to Court proceedings that could lead to a ban and significant fine.  In the last month 16 drivers have been caught speeding in our village by the SCT.

 

 
 
8. Planning:

 

 
  There were no planning applications.  
9. Finance

 

9.1       To authorise payments as listed below:

 

           

 

  Date Detail Ref Power Amount  
09/06/2017

18/07/2017

18/07/2017

18/07/2017

07/07/2017

18/07/2017

18/07/2017

Anglia Water

SALC Internal Audit

Land Registry Agency

P Hembra – services and expenses

H M Revenue and Custom

P & H Holloway

Microsoft Licence

100510

100539

100540

100541

100542

100543

100544

S125

LA 2011 ss 1-8

LA 2011 ss 9

LA 2011 ss 1-8

LA 2011 ss 1-8

LA 1972 ss 133

LA 1972 ss 111

£65.21

£162.00

£38.38

£345.57

£66.20

£102.80

£59.99

             

9.2       To note receipt of income as listed below:

None

 

9.3       Bank reconciliation was agreed and is attached to be minutes.

 

9.4       The internal audit has now been completed and the relevant paperwork has now been forward to the BDO for the external audit.

 

           

 

10.       Review of Risk Assessment Policy

The Risk Assessment Policy was adopted subject to some amendments to include the new notice board, the village sign, the telephone kiosk and the defibrillator.

 

 
11. Casual Vacancy

This was advertised in the July Parish Magazine.  No interest has been received to date.  Several people were suggested and the Chair is to approach.

 

 

 

Chair

12. Village Notice Board/Sign

The Village Sign has been repaired by Peter Holloway and is now sound.

 

The new Village Notice Board has arrived and needs to be erected.    Peter Holloway is to be asked if he would like to quote.

 

 

 

 

Clerk/Chair

13. Correspondence  
  None

 

 
14. Date of Next Meetings  
   

The following are meeting dates for the year 2017/2018:

 

19th September 2017

21st November 2017

16th January 2018

20th March 2018

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

 
                The meeting closed at 9:20 am  

HeHHhhhh