Parish Council Meeting 23 January 2018 Minutes

                           CHARSFIELD PARISH COUNCIL                                                                          

 

Minutes of Meeting Held on Tuesday, 23rd January 2018

 

Present:          Councillors Pedgrift (Acting Chair), Owen Williams, Moor, Godwin and Pam Hembra (Parish Clerk)

 

     
    Action
1. Apologies and Approval of Absence  
  Councillors Winkworth, Hedger and Murray  

 

2. Declarations of Interest  
  Councillor Pedgrift – Recreation Ground

Councillor Moor – Village Hall

 

 
3. Approval of Minutes of the Meeting held on 21st November 2017  
  Minutes were approved and signed by Councillor Pedgrift with one amendment.

 

 
4. Progress Reports for Information or Matters Arising  
  Nothing had yet been heard from David Chenery about the cost of countdown markers despite several emails.  Clerk to continue to contact.

 

The Public Space Protection Bill did not get through.  The Parish Council and the Recreation Ground need to make a specific request to the Council for individual PSPOs requiring dogs to be kept on leads on the recreation ground and in the churchyard.

 

 

Clerk

 

 

Clerk

5. Points from the public – A chance for the public to raise matters of interest relevant to Charsfield.

 

 

 

 

6. Reports

 

 
6.1 County Council

Apologies were received from Councillor Vickery

 

 

 

6.2 District Council

No report received

 

 

 

6.3 Recreation Ground

Nothing to report

 

 
6.4

 

Village Hall

The Village Hall Management Committee asked if the PC would help to finance security cameras to go outside the village hall.  The PC agreed in principle but would like prices.  It was pointed out that a licence might be needed to use cameras. Councillor Moor to report back with further information.

 

 

 

 

 

FM

7. HIGHWAYS

 

 
  SAVID, SpeedWatch and B1078 Calming Update

Nothing to report.

 

 
8. Planning:  
  There were no planning applications.

 

 
9. Finance

9.1       To authorise payments as listed below:

 

           

 

  Date Detail Ref Power Amount  
30/11/2017

30/11/2017

23/01/2018

23/01/2018

 

23/01/2018

23/01/2018

Anglian Water

SALC – Data Protection Training

SALC – Finance Training

Potsford Services – Defibrillator Lighting

Inland Revenue

P Hembra – services

100557

100558

100559

100560

 

100561

100562

S125

LA 2011 ss 1-8

LA 2011 ss 1-8

LA 2011 ss 1-8

 

LA 2011 ss 1-8

LA 2011 ss 1-8

£70.64

£26.40

£90.00

£120.92

 

£66.20

£301.30

             

9.2       It was agreed to increase the Clerk’s salary to £9.05 per hour from February.

 

           

 

10.       Emergency Planning

–        It was felt for a small village there were likely to be two possible emergencies to consider – flooding or snow.

–        Information would need to be cascaded through the village and a list of possible people is to be compiled.

–        The Village Hall (primary) and St Peter’s Church (secondary, being on higher ground) could be collection points for sandbags etc.

–        A local farmer would be asked to store both sandbags and sand for such an event.

–        This is work in progress.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

FM/

Clerk

11. Data Protection

Waiting on further information.

 

 
12. Telephone Kiosk

Waiting for February Parish Magazine to be published.

 

 
13. Date of Next Meetings  
  To be advised

 

Suggested dates for 2018/2019:

22nd May 2018

17th July 2018

18th September 2018

20th November 2018

22nd January 2019

19th March 2019

                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                

 
         The meeting closed at 8:35 am